WQED Pittsburgh, honored with the 2007 and 2006 Mid-Atlantic Emmy® Award for Station Excellence, was founded in 1954 as the nation's first community-supported broadcaster. WQED creates, produces and distributes quality programs, products and services to engage, inform, educate and entertain the public within its community and around the world. WQED Pittsburgh is one of the first broadcasters in the country to be fully high-definition (HD) in its studio and field production capabilities. It is the parent company of WQED-TV (PBS); WQED: The Neighborhood Channel; WQED: The Create Channel; Classical WQED-FM 89.3/Pittsburgh; WQEJ-FM 89.7/Johnstown; local and national television and radio productions; WQED Interactive (www.wqed.org); and The WQED Education Department.
WQED is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the President & CEO and 2 Vice Presidents in order to promote and maintain smooth and efficient operation of the Executive office while providing excellent customer service, both internally and externally. The person in this position performs all assignments as directed by the President and functions as the screening point for all inquiries, problems and action, as well as managing the daily tasks for the President’s office, operating with confidentiality and considerable independence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Executive calendar by scheduling all appointments, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Help in the preparation of reports, correspondence and documents in relation to Board of Directors meeting and other committee meetings and perform other company projects as needed.
- Preparation & management of all correspondence including expense reports, daily mail, dictation, drafting, finalizing and typing of letters, memos, proposals and emails.
- Arrange for all travel and lodging for business trips.
- Screen telephone calls.
- Handle all incoming mail.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintain open communication with Executive Staff regarding the status of various projects, assignments and confidential matters.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive office reference records/files.
- Other duties as requested.
Required education and skills:
- High school diploma/equivalent plus 18 months to 3 years of additional training/experience required.
- 5 to 10 years administrative experience required.
- A working knowledge of customer service, appropriate telephone manners and organizational skills are necessary.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com . No phone calls please.
The Account Executive is responsible for generating revenue for WQED Multimedia by developing and furthering relationships with clients to insure continued support for the organization's broadcast products and services.
- Develop and present proposals to meet pre-determined needs of client for presentations.
- Write contract request forms.
- Develop schedule of announcements and deliver to FM and Production Assistant for traffic placement.
- Write announcements for client approval and deliver to FM traffic person and/or Production Assistant along with video components.
- Develop promotional and/or underwriting ideas for clients.
- Collect payment from clients.
- Generate new business through targeting prospects.
- Maintain up-to-date information of broadcast businesses as well as client business.
- Develop a list of targeted media and matching prospect's needs with WQED program/strategies.
- Contact prospective client – pre-determine needs and set up appointments.
- Volunteer for station events and perform other company projects as needed.
Required education and skills:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience is required. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- One year of sales and marketing experience, preferably in the broadcast industry, is required.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of sales techniques and broadcast industry sales along with excellent customer service and social media skills.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.