WQED Pittsburgh, honored with the 2007 and 2006 Mid-Atlantic Emmy® Award for Station Excellence, was founded in 1954 as the nation's first community-supported broadcaster. WQED creates, produces and distributes quality programs, products and services to engage, inform, educate and entertain the public within its community and around the world. WQED Pittsburgh is one of the first broadcasters in the country to be fully high-definition (HD) in its studio and field production capabilities. It is the parent company of WQED-TV (PBS); WQED: The Neighborhood Channel; WQED: The Create Channel; Classical WQED-FM 89.3/Pittsburgh; WQEJ-FM 89.7/Johnstown; local and national television and radio productions; WQED Interactive (www.wqed.org); and The WQED Education Department.
WQED is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
The Account Executive is responsible for generating revenue for WQED Multimedia by developing and furthering relationships with clients to insure continued support for the organization's broadcast products and services.
- Develop and present proposals to meet pre-determined needs of client for presentations.
- Write contract request forms.
- Develop schedule of announcements and deliver to FM and Production Assistant for traffic placement.
- Write announcements for client approval and deliver to FM traffic person and/or Production Assistant along with video components.
- Develop promotional and/or underwriting ideas for clients.
- Collect payment from clients.
- Generate new business through targeting prospects.
- Maintain up-to-date information of broadcast businesses as well as client business.
- Develop a list of targeted media and matching prospect's needs with WQED program/strategies.
- Contact prospective client – pre-determine needs and set up appointments.
- Volunteer for station events and perform other company projects as needed.
Required education and skills:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience is required. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- One year of sales and marketing experience, preferably in the broadcast industry, is required.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of sales techniques and broadcast industry sales along with excellent customer service and social media skills.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Hours: Between 9:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. (some nights/weekends as agreed upon)
Broadcast Sales and Underwriting Department is responsible for seeking corporate financial support for WQED 13, WQED-FM, wqed.org, PBS programs, local productions, and special events
- Assist in the development and execution of the Small Arts Fund
- Assist in recruiting support from small businesses for the Small Arts Fund
- Coordination of Television editing sessions for underwriting spots
- Assist in coordination and execution of special projects handled by Sales and Underwriting
- Distribution of tickets
- Assist in deliverables for major accounts
- Opportunity to go on sales calls with account executives
- Assist in development of proposals for major projects
- Office Administration - filing, organizing, research and data entry
- Special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good writing and proof reading skills
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assigned tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to conduct internet research
- Good communication and verbal skills
- Database experience helpful
- Professional appearance and manner
- A thirst for knowledge and experience!
Interested applicants, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.