WQED Pittsburgh, honored with the Mid-Atlantic Emmy® Award for Station Excellence in 2006, 2007, 2015, 2017 and 2020, was founded in 1954 as the nation's first community-supported broadcaster. WQED creates, produces and distributes quality programs, products and services to engage, inform, educate and entertain the public within its community and around the world. WQED Pittsburgh is one of the first broadcasters in the country to be fully high-definition (HD) in its studio and field production capabilities. It is the parent company of WQED-TV (PBS); WQED: The Create Channel; Classical WQED-FM 89.3/Pittsburgh; WQEJ-FM 89.7/Johnstown; local and national television and radio productions; WQED Interactive (www.wqed.org); and The WQED Education Department.
The Account Executive is responsible for generating revenue for WQED Multimedia by developing and furthering relationships with clients to insure continued support for the organization's broadcast products and services.
- Develop and present proposals to meet pre-determined needs of client for presentations.
- Write contract request forms.
- Develop schedule of announcements and deliver to FM and Production Assistant for traffic placement.
- Write announcements for client approval and deliver to FM traffic person and/or Production Assistant along with video components.
- Develop promotional and/or underwriting ideas for clients.
- Collect payment from clients.
- Generate new business through targeting prospects.
- Maintain up-to-date information of broadcast businesses as well as client business.
- Develop a list of targeted media and matching prospect's needs with WQED program/strategies.
- Contact prospective client – pre-determine needs and set up appointments.
- Volunteer for station events and perform other company projects as needed.
Required education and skills:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience is required. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- One year of sales and marketing experience, preferably in the broadcast industry, is required.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of sales techniques and broadcast industry sales along with excellent customer service and social media skills.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Digital Marketing Specialist
The Digital Marketing Specialist (DMS) will be responsible for having a solid grasp on existing and upcoming digital content – with a key mission to continually market these assets to increase view counts, impressions, and other measurable metrics. The DMS will optimize digital platforms in accordance with company strategies and best practices. The DMS will help plan and execute digital marketing initiatives with a specific mission to increase audience growth, reach and engagement. The DMS will work closely with departments, such as Communications, Data Analytics, Production, Membership, Development, and Fundraising.
- Work closely with the Data Analytics team to develop, manage, and optimize marketing campaigns across multiple mediums, channels, and platforms.
- Collaborate with co-workers including production and graphic designers to edit/modify video content that aligns with digital marketing strategies.
- Provide actionable analytics, data-driven insights, and reports in marketing and other areas as needed.
- Track, monitor, and report on campaign results and KPIs, and utilize insights to continually develop and optimize goal-oriented campaigns.
- Utilize Search Engine Optimization (SEO)/ Search Engine Marketing (SEM) best practices and tools to increase brand awareness, video views, and page views.
- Identify industry trends and help conduct market and competitive intelligence research.
- Work on other marketing initiatives as part of the Communications team, including advertising, events, and sales projects.
- Develop or collaborate on social media campaigns to maximize user engagement.
- Provide coaching to internal partners in accordance with data driven goals and strategies.
- Work collaboratively with fundraising areas (foundation and corporate sales) to help build digital packages that are attractive to potential funders and sponsors.
- The Digital Marketing Specialist will work in partnership with a cross-departmental team to establish financial expectations and audience growth goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
More About You:
- Data-driven: able to utilize analytics to successfully develop insights, formulate plans, and make decisions.
- Team player mentality: ability to work in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams.
- Highly organized with proven experience at managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related discipline required.
- 3+ years of relevant digital marketing work experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience marketing and optimizing videos using industry-standard video editing software.
- Experience with digital marketing campaign and platform management.
- Analytics and reporting experience in multiple programs, including Excel.
- Familiarity with implementing SEO/SEM strategies and editing HTML.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. No Phone Calls Please.
WQED is an Equal Opportunity Employer with leadership and a culture that supports diversity and inclusio