Since Design Lives Here began, it has impacted thousands of students in our viewing area!
- Baldwin-Whitehall School District
- Brookville Area Junior/Senior high school
- Canon McMillian SD Cecil Intermediate
- Canonsburg Middle School
- Clarion Area Elementary School
- Corry Area Middle School
- Deer Lakes Middle School
- Francis McClure Elementary School
- Franklin Regional Middle School
- Immaculate Conception Parish School
- Independence Middle School
- J.E. Harrison Education Center
- Laurel Highlands Middle School
- Marshall Elementary - North Allegheny School District
- Moon Middle School
- Pittsburgh Schiller STEAM Academy
- Roy Hunt Elementary School
- Stewart Elementary
- Sto Rox Upper Elementary- afterschool
- Summersville Middle School
- Trinity Middle School
- Chartiers-Houston Community Library
- Clairton Public Library
- Moon Township Public Library
- Peters Township Public Library
Interested in learning more about Design Lives Here?
About the Program
Design Lives Here is a semester-long engineering initiative that equips teachers and students (grades 5th-8th) to participate in engineering activities within their school or afterschool program. Professional engineers serve as mentors to students throughout the year. Schools who participate are diverse – public, parochial and private – and have the option of making this part of their school day or an extended program. Each spring, all the participants come together for a day of engineering challenges, grouped in new teams to compete for prizes. Design Lives Here activities are inspired by the popular PBS KIDS program and website, Design Squad Nation.
The 2023 - 2024 Design Lives Here initiative is a project of WQED Multimedia, with major underwriting by Howmet Aerospace Foundation, MSA, PPG and PPG Foundation, and additional support from ATI, Mastech Digital, Pitt Swanson School of Engineering, Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh, ANSYS, HATCH, Gateway Engineers, McKim & Creed, and founding partner the Engineers' Society of Western PA.