WQED Pittsburgh, honored with the 2007 and 2006 Mid-Atlantic Emmy® Award for Station Excellence, was founded in 1954 as the nation's first community-supported broadcaster. WQED creates, produces and distributes quality programs, products and services to engage, inform, educate and entertain the public within its community and around the world. WQED Pittsburgh is one of the first broadcasters in the country to be fully high-definition (HD) in its studio and field production capabilities. It is the parent company of WQED-TV (PBS); WQED: The Create Channel; Classical WQED-FM 89.3/Pittsburgh; WQEJ-FM 89.7/Johnstown; local and national television and radio productions; WQED Interactive (www.wqed.org); and The WQED Education Department.
The Account Executive is responsible for generating revenue for WQED Multimedia by developing and furthering relationships with clients to insure continued support for the organization's broadcast products and services.
- Develop and present proposals to meet pre-determined needs of client for presentations.
- Write contract request forms.
- Develop schedule of announcements and deliver to FM and Production Assistant for traffic placement.
- Write announcements for client approval and deliver to FM traffic person and/or Production Assistant along with video components.
- Develop promotional and/or underwriting ideas for clients.
- Collect payment from clients.
- Generate new business through targeting prospects.
- Maintain up-to-date information of broadcast businesses as well as client business.
- Develop a list of targeted media and matching prospect's needs with WQED program/strategies.
- Contact prospective client – pre-determine needs and set up appointments.
- Volunteer for station events and perform other company projects as needed.
Required education and skills:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience is required. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- One year of sales and marketing experience, preferably in the broadcast industry, is required.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of sales techniques and broadcast industry sales along with excellent customer service and social media skills.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Digital Content Associate (Permanent Part-time Position)
The purpose of this position is to develop and produce video content for WQED’s website, associated websites and social media platforms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Suggest and research ideas for new digital content
- Assume full production responsibilities when designated as lead producer of content
- Assist other lead producers/colleagues in organizing, shooting or editing their content
- Meet with colleagues and supervisors to discuss ideas/proposed content
- Upon approval, set up interviews, schedule shoots
- Coordinate supporting staff for shoot (camera, audio support)
- Obtain all permissions and consent forms related to the above
- Shoot interviews and video for direct-to-web usage
- Produce/edit direct-to-web video content
- Meet assigned deadlines
- Work with graphic designer to obtain design elements to enhance video content
- Screen final edited content with supervisor
- Screen with fellow team members when applicable
- Make editing changes as suggested by supervisor
- Provide interactive team with all video, narratives, images to ensure proper exhibition
- Shoot/produce/edit promos related to digital content.
- Utilize social media and interactive tools to distribute and promote content
- Additional production and assistant editing duties as needed
Required education and skills:
- Premiere Pro CC experience is mandatory.
- AVID Media Composer experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Must be proficient with cinema digital cameras
- College degree preferred but not required
- Professional interviewing and storytelling skills required
- One year or more related professional experience
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. No Phone Calls Please.