DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT/PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT: WQED events support local television and radio programs and education services. Events can include, but are not limited to: lectures, strolling events, family events and program screeners. Most events are held at WQED, however, some events may be held at off-site locations.
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER’S RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Listed below are responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Attend event planning meetings
- Event day set up
- Guest assistance
- Clean up/Teardown of event
Listed below are requirements of event volunteers. Please be aware that each volunteer will not be required to perform every function.
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public.
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative and detail oriented.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of WQED volunteers, partners and donors.
- Computer skills are desired, but not necessary.
- Read instructions and follow through.
- Able to handle busy situations.
- Communicate respectfully and thoughtfully at meetings and with other staff.
- Able to attend 1 pre-event meeting and 1 post-event meeting to provide input and assist in tracking results.
Able to Perform certain functions (not necessarily required):
- Able to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to stay on feet for extended amounts of time.
- Familiar with social media to help promote events.
- Computer literate
SUPPORT PLAN: Event volunteers work under the direction of various members of the event committee, staff or other volunteers, who will provide task-specific training.
TIME COMMITMENT: Event day volunteers will typically be asked to commit at least 3 hours. Participation on an event planning committee typically requires longer time commitments over several months. Most events are held during evening hours, however pre-event meetings are held during the day. It is desirable that the volunteer make long term commitment to WQED.
BENEFITS: Depending on the type of event, volunteers may be able to receive complimentary or discounted ticket(s). Event volunteers also have the opportunity to learn new skills from professionals, meet others in the community, while supporting WQED’s mission to the community.
Please contact email@example.com to get started.